I’ve been looking into my big dreams and goals. What do I want most out of life? I must know to some degree what I want out of life, right?
Then why does my head go blank each time I think of them? It’s taken me a week but I have six big dreams and four goal declarations.
Six Big Dreams:
- Welcoming, warm home where I am comforted and host friends and family
- Live a personally, healthy lifestyle. Mind Body and Soul. Eat well. Be active. Honour my body. Healthy boundaries and relationships.
- Travel the world. Make it part of our lifestyle. Learn the culture, language and enjoy the time away.
- Make a difference in peoples lives. Help them be independent, complete a goal/dream of theirs, to make them smile each and every day.
- Make a difference to the animals in this world. Help them find new homes. Protect their habitats. Be vegan/vegetarian full time. Love all I come across.
- Have a deep and playful connection with myself. Meditate. Me time. Breathe. Check in with myself. Feel all. Journal. Move my body. Smile. Do what makes me happy.
Four Declaration Goals:
- Exercise at least 4x a week – Timeframe: within three months
- Develop a daily journaling practice – Timeframe: within six months
- Research where I want to travel – Timeframe: within three months
- Research how to help others – Timeframe: within six months
My journalling habit started yesterday. Day two today. Going well so far. Don’t you think?
I’ve asked a friend for a journal for my birthday. It’ll make a change to the refill notepad I’m currently writing in. Plus I feel if someone has bought me a nice looking journal for such a purpose. I’ll feel the need to do so.
Fingers crossed to developing the habit.
On a relationship note. I told my fiance he’s cooking on Friday. With the rules:
- No takeaways
- No restaurants
- No pizza
- No help from me
- No help from and especially from his mum!!!
We’ve been together two and half years. In this time I remember him trying to cook but his mum practically taking over. Other times he just shrugged and said we’ll eat out.
Am I wrong to want more from my other half?
Surely having a meal cooked for you, where you don’t have to lift a finger or even have to ask is a lot to ask for?
Shall we see what Friday brings?
Off to hide behind a cushion. Goodnight.