After my break from work the last couple of days, I feel back on form. The funk is gone. I was able to post my phone off and my iPod is fixed. I’ve felt more in a relaxed state of mind. Becuase of this I’ve been able to just be and read. Leading to finish my book.
Be Your Own Life Coach by Jeff Archer. Think I’m having a 2.5 day. This is what I’d rate this book. I liked I could see another viewpoint on coaching. This book is based on developing yourself as the name suggests.
Previously I’ve read books with questions in and either passed over them or I might think of the answer in my head. This time I had a go. I answered a few (see below). But I got to a point I felt I didn’t need to or want to answer. I just wanted to read the book.
I felt this book was looking at the outside-in approach to coaching. What I’ve been learning is the inside-out approach. This way of coaching and mindset I feel is more for me. Don’t get me wrong. The book provides different strategies from the activities and I like the real people stories.
They make it more relatable. From my view of reading it, I believe it’s not gonna help me anymore, then being an alright read.
By the time I finish working on this book I will?
- Feel less anxiety
- Feel more courageous
- Be more effective at saying yes to want I want
- Be better at saying no to what I don’t want
- Have more confidence
- Have a greater joy for life
- Feel balance in my life
- Make the most of every opportunity
Today I will be:
Today’s opportunities for change:
- Behave more confident in the team meeting
- Be clear on my yes and no
- Eat healthier by taking fruit as snacks to work
- Experience a sense of easefulness by doing Yoga
- Let my thoughts pass me by and focus in the now
Being with the end in mind:
- My greatest achievement will be growing my confidence and courageousness
- My Biggest challenge will be living a healthier lifestyle
- The greatest benefits of this book will be me doing the work, seeing what works for me to improve my personal development
Top 5 things in life that are guaranteed to make me happy:
- Spending time with Dave
- Having day trips
- Spending time with family and friends
What did I enjoy doing today?
- BSL videos
- Monthly Journal Review
What would I like to do less of?
- Doing other people’s job
What did I learn today?
- That my mindset hasn’t changed fully. I felt anger/frustration at work. The lack of communication/organisation
What will I do differently tomorrow?
- Try process my anger/frustration in a different way to better understand it
Thought of the day:
- I’m loving my discovery of my creative outlet
Lifestyle Ratings: Dissatisfied 0 – 10 Satisfied
- Confidence levels: 5
- Personal Relationships: 6
- Family life: 3
- Friends: 7
- Effectiveness at home: 4
- Energy levels: 5
- Fitness: 4
- Stamina: 3
- Nutrition habits: 4
- Body shape: 6
- Physical appearance: 7
- Career development: 4
- Financial situation: 2
- Ability to cope with stress: 6
- Effectiveness at work: 6
- Enjoyment of your leisure time: 3
- Ability to manage your time: 6
- Ability to prioritise: 5
- Personal development: 5
- Ability to balance my life: 4
- Happiness: 5
- Overall satisfaction with life: 6
What did I learn by assessing different aspects of my life?
- I thought some that were high scores would be lower and vice versa
Do my scores reflect a balanced outlook on life?
- I feel they are close to my overall satisfaction. But more work needs to happen to be completely balanced.
Have I thought about my life as a collection of different areas before?
- Yes, in the Holiday Council, Molly breaks down areas into slices of life. But not to the degree here.
Watched: Precious Cargo: 2.5 out of 5